Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Wednesday, April 03, 2002

The formidable figure loomed before me. Its extravagant display of light and sound overwhelmed my senses. It was 9:15 on the Wednesday morning and I knew I've met my nemesis. The television was tuned to channel 60. HBO was airing Dick!!! Argh! A movie I had so wanted to watch for so long!!! And I got a paper due for 2:00 that very afternoon and more notes on Rossetti! Argh! It took all of my strength and resolve to turn the tv off.... it was like, like...when Luke Skywalker had to use the Force to get his lightsaber back when it was thrown out of his hand! *wail* Oh well, that's the least of my problems, my mum had actually cooked her famous chilli tomato macaroni for lunch which is my fav. Ah, thou foul carbo demons! Why dost thou plague mine lunch plate? Jeans never lie! Intuition, even defect weighing machines lie...but jeans don't lie!!! And mine feel tighter on me! Argh! Looks like it's back to diets for me...hmm..wonder if i should go with the protein one or the grapefruit one....

Ooooh, will be studying with Eileen later on today before catching a movie with dinner. Sounds like a date eh, Eileen? *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home