Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Tuesday, June 25, 2002

It's geared to be some week. Yesterday, I met up with some friends who ended up having a late lunch. Then me and Jo went to watch Altman's Gosford Park before having dinner at Macs. I was super hungry yesterday and have been stuffing myself for some time now. *Di looks forlornly at her bodily lard congregating at her waist* I had nachos during the movie some more and after dinner I had a cone of Swenson's mocha almond fudge ice cream. Argh! Damn you easy-food-access S'pore!!! Then today, I had lunch with my mum at the American club. And I ordered myself a complete dish of meat loaf(with mushroom sauce), veges and fries and a strawberry milkshake. What the hell is the matter with me??? I did quite a bit of shopping for winter clothing with my mum, hopefully i burnt some of the calories I so gained today. We'll be leaving for Brisbane on the 5th of July. Tomorrow I'll be meeting ex-classmates from junior college and they wanna go for a karaoke session. =p Then on Thursday, I'll be meeting up with my two besties, Eileen and Jiayi for dinner before we make our way to the Alliance Franchaise to catch a special screening of the french movie and 2001 Cannes film festival hit, La Pianiste. *excited* I'm not sure what I'm doing on Friday onwards but I'm pretty much booked and pooped. Wait...I think I'll be going to HMV with my dad over the weekend. Need to confirm. Hope you guys are doing good this week so far too.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers latest teaser just out!

Whatcha waiting around and gaping like a goldfish for??? Go get it!!!
Image courtesy of countingdown.com.

Insomnia opens tomorrow!

Let's give homage to the uber genius behind the super excellent Memento. Christopher Nolan's latest hits theatres tomorrow. Al Pacino, Hilary Swank and Robin Williams lead the cast. Insomnia centers around a police detective(Pacino) who accidentaly shoots his own partner when apprehending a suspect. Still, he has a murder to solve despite the intense guilt with a local detective(Swank) in Alaska, a land where the sun doesn't set. Throw in a mysterious suspect(Williams) and it all makes up for a film full of tension. I need to watch this!!!*hysterical*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home