Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

3 Days Left...

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you my friend will see
You've got a friend in me
(You've got a friend in me)

Ben, you're always running here and there
(Here and there)
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
(Anywhere)
If you ever look behind
And don't like what you find
There's something you should know
You've got a place to go
(You've got a place to go)

Ben- Michael Jackson

i've been on a total MJ binge eversince i watched michael jackson number ones on tcs 5 just this past monday. i love vintage MJ. a nostalgia for childhood music (read: late 70s-80s retro) is usually a sign of my occassional longing for simpler times when intense emotions do not plague the innocent and uncomplicated psyche of early youth. that and mj's music just rocks!

i was out with my sister and her family a few days back. we were walking in a mall when i suddenly felt a nudge on my bum and turned around to see edriana (my 1st niece) pushing herself off from me with a sheepish smile plastered all over her little pucker. i demanded in a low, threatening uruk-hai growl, "who pushed my bum??" and my sister sensing danger was quick to point an accusing finger at her first born. flabbergasted the older cheeky monkey quickly coughed up an explanation amidst gulps of frustration, "it was an accideeeeeeeent!" it sounded like a loud speaker was blaring in my ears even though in reality the top of her head reached my waist. my sis nodded in agreement and swore on the truth as the only witness. apparently, edriana had tripped on her (damned) heelies and would have fallen flat on her face if my bum hadn't been in the way- my sis pointed out that my big arse had saved her little girl. it's great to know that my massive rear end does not only cushion my falls but is an effective buffer for tripping children as well. superrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home