Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Monday, July 01, 2002

Went shopping with my mum for a while earlier today. Bought myself a pair of thermal underpants, so when it's night over at Brisbane, I won't freeze my ass off. =p My mum was in a shopping mood today as compared to me who has lost her drive. sigh. I think the mango sale has scarred me...for a while. Anyway, I'm saving up my shopping fuel for the Brisbane trip. My sis tells me there's like a mega sale over there and the clothes are really nice. I hope so, I need a bit of change from the stuff I usually get here. Went to Marks & Spenser's to get more pasta cooking sauce. I'll be making some linguini with vienese in tomato herb sauce. Yumz. Hai, should be on a diet before I go for my vacation... Got some assortment of other stuff too. Spent quite a bit. Hee.

Caught Insomnia with my dad yesterday morning. Very good stuff. I wouldn't expect any less from director Christopher Nolan. I prefer Memento though cuz I felt that was more than just a good movie, it was revolutionary film making as well as story telling. But as far as more conventional films go, Insomnia is pretty amazing. It's psychological and suspenseful. And the protagonist Will Dormer(Pacino) is characteristically the kind of personality Nolan likes to work with. The failed hero who tries to do right but becomes his own enemy in the end. Robin Williams succeeds as the mentally unstable mastermind. He dons the psycho persona in his other Sundance Film Festival movie, One Hour Photo. And he was rather psychotic in his previous dark comedy, Death to Smoochy(I'm still waiting patiently for this one). Hilary Swank gave a competent performance though I felt her character was more of a side-kick and a catalyst to move the plot forward than anything else. All in all, one of the better movies to spend the $$ on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home