Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Thursday, August 22, 2002

Back With Uber Kewl Trailers.

Hey there ya movie goers. Yeap, it's been a while since I've updated. These days been pretty busy with some preparations for next year, driving lessons(I managed not to drive into a tree! =)) and just basically doing my own thang. From what I've heard and been observing, many of y'all are quite occupied as well what with school and work and stuff. Lilo and Stitch and Spy Kids 2 opening next week in time for the school hols. Looking forward to the former...wonder if I should bring my Stitch plush along when I watch that. Heh. And the latter's predecessor I thoroughly enjoyed enough to watch 3 times in the theatre 2 years ago. Anywayz, been watching and looking out for the interesting upcoming movies and these are just some of the more intruiging films making its way here real soon(I hope!) with trailers that just rock.

The Rules of Attraction- Roger Avary's satirical take on the loss of innocence and youth sexuality. Already touted to be controversial and very provocative. Shannyn Sossamon and James Van Der Beek innit. I personally think that's a clever move on their part. The film has already churned out 3 trailers but my favourite is this one which I think looks like a possible spoof/homage to the teaser of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.

X2- Woohoo! This new footage was released at the recent Comic-Con in San Diego. Looks promising. Hope this one is more faithful to the original comic books.

Punch-Drunk Love- Paul Thomas Anderson is a genius. 'Nuff said.

Read My Lips- French film revolving around the chemistry between an ex-con and a straight-laced hearing impared, who lip-reads. The good meets the bad with interesting consequences.

The Man Who Wasn't There- This isn't new and it should've hit theatres last year. The latest offering from the Coen brothers after the excellent O Brother Where Art Thou, it garnered Best Director for Joel Coen who tied with David Lynch for Mulholland Drive at the 2001 Cannes Film Fest. I've lost hope in expecting it to make its way here till I saw the poster up at Lido. So here's re-hoping.

The Four Feathers- Shekhar Kapur's period epic after Elizabeth. Very much anticipated by movie geeks from all over. Heath Ledger, Kate Hudson and Wes Bentley all over this one.

Chicago- Adaptation of the famed musical with an awesome cast of Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, Taye Diggs, Lucy Liu and Mya.

In Re(tro)spect.
Here are the great trailers that were released a couple months back and worth the viewing revival.
The Lord of The Rings 2: The Two Towers
The Matrix:Reloaded

Gotta run now. Something quite interesting happening @ me humble abode today. Anita Serawak's shooting a malay programme here. So something for me too kaypoh ard for a bit. Later dudes, have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home