Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Sunday, July 28, 2002

Earlier today...erm, I mean yesterday, went for lunch with my parents. We were deciding on which club to eat when we did away with them and went to House of Sundanese @ Great World City. Food was good of course. Then went to That CD Shop. I love their outlets. Their decor has this sassy, new age look to it and they play really nice world music on their system. My mum had a comfortable sit on their soft, black leather couch while my dad and I browsed through their relatively extensive collection. My dad of course made his way to the classical section while I perused the alternative rock and jazz shelves. I was looking for a particular cd which I didn't manage to get on my previous trip to HMV. Couldn't spot it so I got help from the guy there who showed me where the Bossa Nova 2-CD set was. I grabbed it and handed it to my dad who joined me at the jazz section. We looked around some more and he ended up buying a few(working man) and I, just one(imporvished student). Ok fine, so he paid for mine as well. =p Bossa Nova is great. It's like a compilation of soothing Brazillian jazz.

Been a good weekend. Met with with Jo and Ady on Sat. I haven't hung out with them in ages. We met at the Cafe Cartel near my place and caught up over auntie amy's chewy chocolate cake and potato wedges. hehe. I find that Ady's doing good and Jo's having a blast at La Salle so far. Way to go, Jo! Will be meeting up with them again very soon for Ady's coming 21st. *winks at Ady*

Ok folks some movie stuff now. This is news for those who're interested:
Wolfgang Petersen, who's to direct the Superman vs Batman flick, has recently chosen(supposedly) who he wants to be his man of steel and the caped crusader. Sources have said that Jude Law will be Clark Kent and Collin Farrell(latest seen in Minority Report as Detective Danny Witwer) will be none other than Bruce Wayne. The news broke out after eons of speculation by movie buffs. So imagine, all hell broke lose when word got out. Think these actors can cut it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home