Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Friday, July 26, 2002

2nd childhood, the return...
It all began with disillusionment and disappointment with the the way of the world as it is on the threshold of adulthood. Followed by the incessant need to watch more cartoons on the disney channel...ok, fine and the cartoon network as well. The signs were subtle at first but they grew more and more evident with each passing day. A few days ago, I've been preoccupied with comic books. I've ignored all the signs but now finally, in the last 2 days having hunted up and down orchard road for 20th anniversary Care Bear beanies and buying a 14 inch Stich plush from a toy store in Far East, I cannot pretend any longer...yes, folks, I'm sad to announce to you all that I'm suffering from.... QUARTER LIFE CRISIS!! I will deny no longer! I shall embrace my predicament! Adulthood expectations be damned! I shall now immerse myself in all the wondrous childhood fantasy society has made me surpress in the face of advancing age. I will not conform! You hear me?? Let us all, my friends, go forth! Go forth and buy more toys!!!

Hehe, ok...you guys don't have to worry anymore. I think the crazy moment has pretty much passed. But yes, indeed, I am getting a little plush toy crazed lately. I've been hunting for Care Bear beanies close to a week now but haven't been buying much cuz the places I've gone to are selling 'em at crazy prices! Jia got me a Fun Shine last Wed which is a priority since it was the one I had(and lost) as a toddler. I really wanna get Friend Bear, Wish Bear and Love-A-Lot Bear but waiting for stores to bring in the new shipment. And I guess I'm waiting for more reasonable prices too. Can you believe individuals are selling some of them off at 34.90 each??? For the relatively small beanie??? That's robbing in broad daylight, man! Anywayz, I bought a 14 inch Stitch(from 2002 Disney movie Lilo and Stich) plush toy too at 49.90...broke liao. But hey, it's too cute!!!

Here's the Stitch plush I got today! It's so cute! I love it!

View Lilo and Stitch Trailer

And here's the whole series of 20th anniversary Care Bears!

Man, I love these little guys!!!! *big stupid grin*


The Matrix Symbolism: Reluctant Messiah


what movie symbolism are you? find out!

Matrix eh...I was hoping my symbolism would be magnolia...damn! oh well. hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home