Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Thursday, October 24, 2002

A Serious Lack of Life...and Movies.

Hey guys, work continues to drain the life out of my consciousness. Grateful this is only temporary. I got very little time to keep up with the movies and whatever spare time I got, I'm spending time with my parents or friends or having driving lessons or just unwind in front of the tv. How do workaholics do it??? I'm so behind when it comes to catching films these days, the last two I caught were Mr. Deeds and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Pathetic right? =p The former sucked donkey balls but I did enjoy the latter. I'm a little wary of Red Dragon but I'm so looking forward to catching Below, that suspense sub movie which I feel will go head to head with another horror flick set at the ocean, Ghost Ship. But personally, I don't see a competition at all even though they've got relatively similar themes. The trailer for Ghost Ship doesn't really give me a nice vibe. Looks like one of 'em corny B-grades whereas Below looks like it's got the potential to deliver a more tasteful, suspense thiller. But then again, there's only one way to find out...watch 'em both. =p

Today, this movie geek will shamelessly plug...

Steven Spielberg's latest to be released, Catch Me If You Can. The poster blew me away but wait till you guys catch the trailer, here. Based on a true story, the film revolves around the swindles of Frank Abagnale, Jr(Leonardo DiCaprio) con artist extraordinaire who took on numerous identities and made himself one of the FBI's most wanted dudes. Tom Hanks portrays Carl Hanratty, the zelous agent who's hot on his heels. The film also stars Jennifer Garner(Alias), Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home