Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Friday, February 27, 2004

D-Day.

all my bags are packed
i'm ready to go
i'm standing here outside your door
i hate to wake you up to say goodbye

but the dawn is breaking
it's early morn
the taxi's waiting
he's blowing his horn
already i'm so lonesome i could die

so kiss me and smile for me
tell me that you'll wait for me
hold me like you'll never let me go
cuz i'm leaving on a jet plane
i don't know when i'll be back again
oh babe, i hate to go

humour me alright, that song's always stuck in my head whenever i have to take the plane somewhere- doesn't matter whether it's a school related destination or a holiday. it's safe for me to say that i'm in a much better shape right now than i was a year ago when i had to go overseas for a longer period of time for the first time. i'm riding on a mixed wave of feelings right now, i'm excited, nervous, elated and sad at the same time... i hope this'll be a great year. take care people.. a wise cyborg once said, i'll be back...

things i'll miss: exchanging anecdotes with mum, movies with dad, group hugs, seafood linguinie in spicy tomato sauce ala tanglin club, old comfortable company, familiar places, strawberry milkshake from the american club, fried beef hor fun, laksa, cable tv, novels outside of my reading list, the bay, the city, my spacious room, my bed, my nieces' funny walks, chats and laughs with sis, surfing long hours, magazines, local newspapers, police and thief, familiar sounds and smells and of course not forgetting, friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home