Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Thursday, November 07, 2002

Hitting 100 and Beyond.

Hey guys, guess what? As of last Saturday after catching my first French Film Fest screening, See The Sea, I've officially watched 100 films this year so far. I've since moved on to more cuz I've been watching movies for the past few days too which is cool cuz one of my new year's resolutions for 2002 is to catch at least 100 movies. I knew that resolution was one I could keep. =p hehe. Anyway, I watched another cool French film at the fest today entitled, He Loves me, He Loves Me Not starring Audrey Tautou that cutie from Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain. Tautou portrays an art student, Angelique, who suffers from a severe psychological problem which builds an intense delusion in which she has an affair with a married cardiologist, Loic. In actual fact, Loic doesn't even know her personally and Angelique only imagines their trysts from harmless, impersonal brushes she has had with him in public. I like the way the movie was filmed. First in Angelique's POV followed by Loic's through which Angelique's illness and psychosis is revealed. Bold and unconventional, trademarks of a more independent European production. Just the way I like it. =)

Today this movie geek will shamelessly plug...

Finding Nemo- Wohooo! I've been hooked to this project eversince I heard Pixar came up with this premise. It's the latest collaboration between Disney and Pixar. It's about a clownfish who embarks on a journey to search the seven seas for his stolen son, Nemo. Check out the trailer guys! It's amazing! The details and the beautifully rendered graphics take the cake! Pixar has secured a bright future in my books, it looks like they're constantly improving on the quality of their work. And do note the dialogue, the jokes are deceptively simple but it actually holds greater intelligence. Includes the voice talents of Erika Beck, Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres and Willem Dafoe.

Solaris- Ok, I know I've plugged this one before but it deserves second mention since it came up with a better trailer than it's previous non-satisfying teaser. =p Y'know, it's been a while since I've caught a good science fiction movie and I'm risking it with harbouring considerable hope on this one. It's from Steven Soderbergh..so it can't be that bad right?..er...right? Revolves around a psychologist who is called upon to investigate a mysterious death on a space station called Solaris which orbits around an oceanic planet. Strange accounts occur soon after including the uncanny appearances of old friends of the crew, some of whom are supposed to be dead. George Clooney in da house!

Merci Pour Le Chocolat- I love European films! I love thrillers! I love Isabelle Huppert! 'Nuff said! =)

Until the next madness, have a great weekend! I'm so watching Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets next week. =p heh. Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home