Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

I'm a little sad and disappointed. Two significant plans that I've been making isn't exactly turning out like I had hoped. A lot of absentees. I really appreciate the friends who make time for them. Thanks, guys. I owe you a lot. I guess I'm taking this a little more to heart because it could be the last time we get to hang out and just have a blast together. Can't just make them do it on a whim I guess...

On a more jovial note, my niece turns 3 today. She's so cute. She loves blowing the candles out. She gets some kinda kick outta it. So we did about 3 to 4 rounds of that before indulging in the sinfully rich and thick chocolate fudge cake. I tell ya. It's so so wrong on so many levels. Think she shares the same birth date as Jennifer Aniston and Sheryl Crow. Which is cool cuz I harbour desires of her becoming rich, famous and powerful. Bwahaha.

This is an intensely interesting film which I thought to share with you guys a bit:

Russian Ark- 2000 actors. 300 years of Russian history. 33 rooms of the Hermitage Museum. 3 live orchestras. 1 single continuous shot... that's right folks, the 96 mins film is made in just 1 single shot. It's not only the longest movie but also the only motion picture in history to be made in a single(get this), single take. Now this is something I'm holding my breadth for. Hope it gets to Singapore...and Perth too! =) Watch the trailer, HERE.

The protagonist, a 19th century French diplomat, ushers the audience through the magnificent spaces of the Hermitage spinning tales of the real and fictional characters from Russian and European history.

Later than midnight and waaaay past my bed time:
The Oscar nominations are out. The usual contenders stand; The Pianist, Chicago, Adaptation, Gangs of New York, About Schmidt, The Hours, Far From Heaven, The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers, Pedro Almodovar's Talk To Her and I welcome these underrated fighters, Road to Perdition and Frida. Nowhere In Africa is once again nominated for Best Foreign Film but Talk To Her looms dangerously over that category. And get this pple...Gangs of New York and My Big Fat Greek Wedding are actually nominated for Best Original Screenplay...who the hell let the dawgs out??
For the complete list of nominations, get yourself to Oscar.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home