Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Saturday, February 01, 2003

It was such a stupid and trivial disagreement. I can't help but be perplexed at how such a meaningless vessel of impatience turned out to be the receptacle that collected all the pent up tension and anger like puddles of dirty rainwater in a clogged drain. It was nothing...or at least it started as nothing. A careless gesture, a lot of hurtful words and a mounting frustration led to a heated quarrel; like the metamorphosis of a naughty elusive imp into a fiery and tangible phantom. Things escalated and we had a serious problem in the end. I hurt her badly, the one person whom I always try my hardest not to. And like someone who doesn't care, I walked out on my mother. I created the chaos, and in its wake I couldn't stand to stay.

It's my fault. I don't give in sometimes when I should. And sometimes when I want to change to a different direction from the hellish path we're already on, it's too late. The damage has been done. But in light of all of this, she had hurt me too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home