Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Thursday, January 16, 2003

5 weeks till i leave and a worrying problem erupts...

I received a troubling e-mail yesterday. It's from St. Catherine's College which is the hostel of my choice for my stay at Perth next month onwards. Apparently, my application wasn't successful and I'm not offered a place there. However, I'm still on their waiting list and should any of their offers be declined, it'll move to the next person on their list. Due to the urgent nature of this matter, I'll be placing a call to Ms Tara Houlahan, the college's accomadation and functions coordinator, at St Cat's itself later on to try and explain to her my situation and if she can help me in any way to improve my chances of staying there. Though I know my place and won't expect any guarantees at all. I'll also be investigating other accomadation alternatives. I've got my heart set on St Cat's honestly. I've made some friends there already and I personally feel more comfortable living in an all-women's environment. Sigh. Wish me luck guys. 5 weeks till I go there and I've got no place to live as yet.

3:45pm:
I called Tara Houlahan an hour or so ago and she's really nice. I was a little panicked since this matter concerns where I sleep/eat while I'm there. She assured me and gave me some advice. I found out I'm actually number 8 on their waiting list which according to her may seem quite grim but there's still hope of getting in and she considered it "good news". Apparently if I'm number 12 or 15, she could've told me on the spot that there's no chance of me getting in. She's already sent my name to other colleges to consider my application. So hopefully, I get to move up the list and get into St Cat's. *crosses fingers* But in the mean time, I gotta look and prepare for alternatives as well. Sigh. Really hope this clears up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home