Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Tuesday, November 26, 2002

As The Week Goes By...

Hey y'all, how have you been? And so the days go by and it's mid-week tomorrow already. I'm having some problems with the blogger archives. I had wanted to republish them but I keep on getting an error and a message saying that they're working on it. Oh well. Haven't been up to much lately. I caught Swimfan, during last weekend's sneak preview. It's basically like a Fatal Attraction set in high school. Not a bad movie but predictable. I watched it mainly for Erika Christensen whom I thought did such good work in Traffic as Michael Douglas' druggie daughter. I caught Singin' In The Rain, the musical, on Sunday too and I had a great time. It was well done though I feel nobody can fill Gene Kelly's shoes.

Stayed home on Monday basically to make some calls. I've got a bit of a lead to do an internship at a film company. I hope that works out though I totally understand if it doesn't. Work like that heavily depends on the availability of projects and how I can contribute to a particular one. This morning, my parents and I went to STAtravel at Cuppage terrace to get plane tix to Perth. The date's set, I'll be leaving on the 21st of Feb next year. =/ And so as usual, sometimes I feel totally excited and happy to be going for this academic and maybe even spiritual journey. I'm focusing on the positive aspects of undertaking this new endeavour. Like how I'll be reading topics that I'm passionate about at the university and how I'll be experiencing new and different things and make new friends. But I guess sometimes, the negative things will start to worry me. I'll be watching Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets for the second time tomorrow! Hahaha! With a good friend, Louanna, who's a total Potterhead and who's watched the film before also! The two of us are sucked into the Potter black hole and we're happy and bouyant in its chaotic wake! Muahaha.

I think it's inevitable. Soon, I'll have to start helping my mum make cookies for Hari Raya Puasa. *sigh and tsk* She made me prepare the ingredients for my first batch of oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies already. Till next time guys, have a good middle of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home