Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Tuesday, November 19, 2002

It's About Time.

Heya fellow bloggers and passers-by. I got something to tell which some of you might not still know. It's been going on for a while but I don't know why I didn't just let it out sooner. Guess now is good a time as ever. I'll be continuing with my undergraduate studies at the University of Western Australia in Perth next semester. I'll be leaving S'pore around the 3rd week of Feb(tentatively) 2003. I'll only be back during longer vacations in July and December. There, it's really simple to just blog it...not sure why I never done it earlier. Guess I now feel that the plans are more solid since I've received my offer letter and sent in my acceptance reply together with the fees. They've since sent me an "Authority to Enrol"...which sounds pretty cool to me. Haha, sounds like some official power I got. But seriously, I've been on an emotional roller coaster evenr since I've decided to quit the local private institution I've been studying at for the past 2 years and make the tough decision to go overseas to continue with my degree studies. I feel excited, happy and grateful for the opportunity presented to me and yet I'm sad, afraid and utterly anxious about leaving behind a lot of people and things here to pursue something in a different, unfamiliar place. I pray everyday that things will be ok for me...and also that everything will be remain great here while I'm away. There's going to be a lot of people and things I'm going to miss...heck, I've started to miss them already and I'm not even gone yet. I do fear some things I'll have to face while I'm there...but I know that there are great possibilities as well. Although I'm unsure how things will really unfold, I'm certain that I'll try my best nonetheless.

Didn't do much today. Been buying some vcds which totally disgruntled me since I promised not to spend too much dough. I've got this great movie called The Red Violin and I bought Death to Smoochy recently on a impulse. It was sitting near the cashier... =p And I've been waiting for that movie to get here for a long time anywayz. heh. My sister's coming back from Brisbane soon. Her chapter's over...and mine is about to begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home