Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Monday, December 30, 2002

Happy Birthday Mummy.

I love the date of my mum's birthday. 31st December, it's just so festive and auspicious. I think Val Kilmer's celebrating his today too. =p We're preparing a major feast for the evening and I've taken some time out to make this blogging entry. I would just like to express my gratitude to a person who's been the voice of reason, comfort, guidance and love. I would definitely have not made this far if it weren't for my mum. And she's the only person on earth who can love me unconditionally for who I am; the good and the bad aspects of my being. It's a mad world we live in and sometimes it can get very cruel, I give thanks to God that I have my mother, this voice, this evergreen presence for keeping me sane, whole and to have bestowed upon me a greater purpose in life. Happy Birthday, Mum!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home