Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Wishing Everybody a Great 2003 Ahead.

One of the most outstanding things I will always remember about 2002 is how fast the time passed during the course of the year. It has been eventful, to say the least, in many aspects. For all that was good and even for the moments that proved the contrary, I'm thankful for them. Looking back this year, I've realised that there were many defining junctures that moulded some of my perspectives on life and people and I can't help but feel that I've grown some...maybe even much more than I have done previously during certain periods of my life. I hope that for all that it's worth, I've become more aware of things and stronger if not braver although I know courage is something I'd probably have to work on till the end of my days. I also hope that I'll be able to learn and grow more in the years to come and it looks like 2003 may just be slated for that. I feel an important chapter approaching and it can either make me or break me. But no matter what the outcome, I'm definitely going to give it my best shot. I bet 2002 for you all has been profound even though you might feel otherwise at first. Here's wishing you a great 2003 and a new year for resolutions and new beginnings. *cheers!*

And what year is complete for a movie geek without awesome flicks? =) Managed to catch a total of 124 flicks last year. Here's a list of the top 10 films I absolutely love from 2002. I'm a sucker for films that make a bold stand whether it be technique or subject matter. Movies that are unusual, intellectually and emotionally moving, well executed and are the products of fantastic scripts often score points with me too. And of course they'll have to be awesome to watch too. =) I'm kinda fickle with my favourites and I constantly have to re-think and re-number so I better list them before I change my mind again. =p

1. Nirgendwo in Afrika(Nowhere In Africa), Germany- Caroline Link

2. Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers, USA/New Zealand- Peter Jackson

3. El Espinazo del Diablo(The Devil's Backbone), Spain/Mexico- Guillermo del Toro

4. E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial: The 20th Anniversary, USA- Steven Spielberg (muahaha, i found a loop hole to include this in my 2002 list!!!)

5. La Pianiste(The Piano Teacher), France/Austria- Michael Heneke

6. Iris, USA/UK- Richard Eyre

7. Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets, USA- Chris Columbus

8. Vanilla Sky, USA- Cameron Crowe

9. The Man Who Wasn't There, USA- Joel and Ethan Coen

10. Stand-By, France- Roch Stephanik

Very honourable mentions(above honourable mentions which i can't list or else my blog goes overboard):
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain
A Beautiful Mind
The Shipping News
Spider-Man
Star Wars Espisode 2: The Attack of the Clones
Dark Water
Insomnia
Road To Perdition
Monsoon Wedding
Mulholland Drive
Donnie Darko
8 Femmes
Geschicten aus dem Wienerwald(Tales from The Vienna Wood)
Saint-Cyr
Faithless
Below
Regarde La Mer(See The Sea)
A la Folie...Pas Du Tout(He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not)

2003's gonna be an awesome year for movies! I can just feel it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home