Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Saturday, December 21, 2002

And so the count down begins....

The count down to the day when i'll be leaving Singapore for Perth that is. Ok, I admit, the count down has begun way before and I'm still half excited and half anxious. And since I'm in an honest mood, I'll admit again that the anxiety is starting to overwhelm the excited aspect of my emotions. I really don't know what it's going to be like when I'm there. Sometimes I feel that I'd be more than fine over there. I mean, I'm not the only Singaporean going overseas to study and to Australia at that. Just this past Friday, it'd be 2 months I have left to spend home before I fly off. And I started to wonder where did all the time go. I mean, it's funny how time has a way of moving faster when you're trying to avoid a certain day. It's not like I'm super busy that it has to pass by in the blink of an eye. I've either just been watching movies, going out, chilling or having driving lessons.

Like today passed by like minutes. Earlier today(Saturday morning), I met up with Bert at the Siglap Starbucks near my place to pass him two of my Harry Potter novels and chat over a cuppa. Btw, thanks Bert for loeaning me the Led Zeppelin and Foo Fighters cds. I rented some dvds from the Video Ezy nearby while I was at it. It's like heaven!!! Or my type of heaven anyway... =p And I saw the Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring special extended version box set!!! Going at 80 bucks...sigh. Loaned Lagaan, The Way of The Gun and Titus. I've got a week to hang on to those. Then I went home and chilled. Watched Lagaan which was not bad, I think I understood cricket by the end of that movie...I think. Then I watched 5 episodes from the first season of Sex And The City which I borrowed from Jia. Think I have 7 eps more to go. It's too bad that HBO Singapore doesn't carry Sex And The City. Although it's quite raunchy, it is pretty funny and very, very smart. I like Miranda, one of the protagonist's(Carrie) best friend and a sarcastic, witty attorney. She so damned funny! Sexually empowered Samantha's quite humourous too. Well, I gotta get my HBO original series dosage somehow since TCS 5 stopped airing the fantastic Sopranos and the last episode of Six Feet Under was aired last Tuesday! *sobs* Six Feet Under's amazing. I wanna start hunting for the dvd box set if that's available. And I just caught Temptation Island Australia...two girls were getting it on to try and seduce one guy. How naughty. Anywayz, enjoy the weekend! Till the next madness...

The gals from Sex And The City...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home