Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

LOTR: The Two Towers totally blew me away!

Heehee, I like Legolas...pretty, pretty lil' elf. =p
Went for the special earlier screening at Lido and man, it was packed. There were 2 fans who dressed up as an elf and an ent. Teehee. I like the original trilogy and more often than not I worry tremendously about the adaptation. Although a couple of details had been changed and some sequences from the original Two Towers plot were "postponed" and to be included in The Return of The King, I still thoroughly enjoyed myself because Peter Jackson kept to the spirit of Tolkien. My heart literally raced whenever the film got to the exciting bits and I was acutely anticipating what I've read to come to life on the big screen. Kudos to the team that brought LOTR:The Two Towers to the movies. They have done an indredible job. And yes, it's even better than Fellowship of The Ring, in my opinion anyway. I'm already scheduled for a second screening. A friend of my dad's is having some Two Towers treat and gathering. I think he's footing the bill for a couple of his friends to watch the film at GV Grand after which drinks and food will be served to invited guests at the verandah next to the cinema. Too much money on his hands I think... =p But it's a nice thing to do for friends. ;) Until the next madness...watch The Two Towers this weekend if you can!!! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home