Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Saturday, November 30, 2002

Caught Between 2 Worlds.

The hours seem to have passed really fast since last Thursday. I think it's a lot owing to me burying my nose in Potter novels for the last few days. *huge sheepish grin* On Thursday, I bought Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban at Kino since they're having a 20% christmas sale. I crammed in as much reading time as I can and managed to finish Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday. 317 pages thereabouts, yikes, talk about upgraded children's literature. I got so desperate, I had to know what happens after Chamber of Secrets. I read the first installment, Philosopher's Stone back in '98 and had almost forgotten how funny JK Rowling actually is. She's got quite the sense of humour and I had so much fun with Prisoner of Azkaban, so much so that today, I hopped by Kino again to get Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. Haha! My mum was not pleased...she was ard when I purchased Prisoner of Azkaban and felt I was spending too much dough on books. Not to mention, I'm juggling it with two other novels, Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones and William Golding's Lord of The Flies. Due to my current Potter disease, I had to stop reading the latter two for the time being.

And it's so frustrating that I can't seem to start on The Goblet of Fire. Cuz this afternoon, I went down to the Sitex fair at Expo for the second time to buy my notebook! Thanks for the tip off, Bert! Yeap, finally bought one after two years of toying with the idea. It's gonna be my companion to Perth next year. It's a compaq presario 1508AP and it's my current baby!! It's nicely snuggled on a clean towel on my floor, in the midst of charging up for 10 hours ;p hehe. Played around with it a little just now and it's sooo awesome. I'm also joining a bearbrick design contest with Eileen and I need to send in my designs by tomorrow. So I've been busy colouring the empty bear brick figures and thinking up new designs. The cash prize and vouchers sound good so it's worth a try anyway... but it's keeping me from my Potter book!!! Torn between two worlds...muahaha. Ok, think I'm getting a lil' delusional...I blame travel anxiety attacks!!!

Anyhoo, I found this interesting test on Bert's blog and decided to try it out too. Not that I'm a gorgeous woman, but I can dream right...*bleah* =p'
Earth%20girl
Which Ultimate Beautiful Woman are You?

brought to you by Quizilla
A true nature girl?? Sheah right...I can't even camp....in my front yard!!! =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home