Confessions of a Movie Slut

in the year 2006, our heroine embarks on her most treacherous challenge yet-to lead a decent life despite the insanity and pressures that come with academia. she pursues honours in english though her thesis is on film. an opportunity to prove to herself that she can think. and actually think hard. will she finally transcend the ways of the fuckwit to become a competent person? will she be able to watch all those movies without growing a tumour or becoming catatonic? stay tuned.

Thursday, December 05, 2002

Selamat Hari Raya Ramadhaan Mubarak.

Selamat Hari Raya Puasa to all fellow muslims and everybody(people of the world!!! =)). Maaf zahir dan batin, do forgive for all past transgression as we look forward to a new year. It is indeed a time to reflect and be grateful for all the blessings God has bestowed upon us. It is also a time to....PAR-TAY! I can already feel the extra 20 pounds I'm gonna pack over this Hari Raya weekend. Been occupied these days, not just with preparations for today but my elder sis and her family has returned from Brisbane for good. They've moved in and will be staying with the parents while I'm away which is a great thing so the house won't be too silent anymore and also the kids(my nieces) can keep my mum and dad busy. This morning I did the religious custom of asking my parents for forgiveness and as usual my mum and my sis got all emotional and started flooding! hehe. I usually don't and we all don't need tears to show our sincerity. Anywayz...I got cash in packets! Woohoo! It'll all go to my education fund so no fancy new thing for me... =p

There'll be a party later on, a house warming to celebrate the occassion. There's plenty of food, drink and treats! Eileen, Jiayi and Deena are coming over. I wanted to invite more friends but I didn't want to add to the already thick crowd cuz my mum's really tired since she's been working so hard all the while and she's not feeling well to boot. But no worries, my house'll still be open to friends who wanna drop by and have some malay treats and just hang out and catch up. hehe. I caught Treasure Planet a few days ago and it's pretty good. So there's something nice to catch over the weekend if u haven't already. I'd have to wait for my parents to catch Die Another Day though, since they're such Bond junkies. ugh. =p So you all have a good weekend! Until the next madness...toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home